Mosquitos come out with a fierceness during the summer in Arlington. For most residents, they quickly cause them to run back inside their homes seeking protection from their attacks. To further worsen the situation, mosquitoes can carry diseases they can transmit to humans. Prevention keeps you safe and is not as hard as you might suspect. How can you mosquito-proof your home and enjoy this summer without worry and mosquitoes bites? Check out our five ideas below and let this summer be the best yet.
1. DEET Repellents: Mosquito repellent applied to the skin and clothing before going outdoors can keep this pest away, but it works differently for different people and must be reapplied frequently.
2. Clean it Up: Mosquitoes are attracted to water. As little as 1/2 teaspoon will attract mosquitoes in swarms to your property. Remove all water sources from the property to keep this worry at bay.
3. Plants: Many plants repel mosquitos. Why not grow them in a mini garden at your home? It’s a fun project for all age groups and provides valuable mosquito protection. Best plant choices include catnip, lemongrass, lavender, and basil.
4. Pest Control: The best way to protect your home and family against the hearts that mosquitoes create is with the help of professional mosquito control arlington. For a small fee, pest control experts keep mosquitos away from your property.
5. Secure Your Home: It’s the perfect reason to seal up all of those holes that pests such as mosquitos can come inside through. Are there tears in the screens or holes between the door and the frame? These improvements are a few that can make a big difference in the comfort of your home.
There are many simple solutions that help keep mosquitos away from your home, including those outlined above.